Posted by admin in UncategorizedFeb 2nd, 2011 | no responses
Those who struggle with insomnia have a wide range of solutions to choose from in fighting this frustrating problem. Here are some tips for you to consider while you try to overcome insomnia.
- Make sure that the temperature in the bedroom is comfortable for you.
- Don’t take naps during the day, otherwise your body will not be as tired as necessary to get to sleep at night.
- Go to bed around the same hour. Make it a habit to follow this schedule. It can be very helpful because your body gets used to becoming sleepy around that hour.
- Don’t exercise within the three hours before you go to bed.
- Don’t eat stimulating foods before you go to bed. Also avoid stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine. Stay away from all these substances if you want a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid liquids before sleep, so you won’t awake with the need to go to the bathroom during the night.
- Don’t engage in waking activities while you’re in bed, such as eating, watching TV, talking on the phone, or using your laptop. Make it a habit to use the bed for sleep. If you train your mind to limit your bed-related activities, your body will begin to associate the bed with getting sleepy. However, reading a book in bed can be very helpful in making you sleepy.
- Avoid activities like watching the evening news, checking your mail, or email before going to bed.
- Listening to calming music while in bed can also be very effective.
- If you feel you simply can’t fall asleep, get out of bed after 15-20 minutes and try to do something that usually relaxes your mind.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night, try to avoid bright light as much as possible, because it will only stimulate your nervous system and you won’t be able to fall back to sleep easily.